Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ART OF LEADERSHIP

"I WAS AWAKENED BY THE ARTIST THIS MORNING!" 


I have discovered just as a song, painting, or book is never really perfect to the artist or author, so it is when we aspire to be leaders. At some point, we must release them into the public sector to be judged by those who will declare their "value." I have discovered that nothing ever really quite measures up, including me. However, I allow these revelations and reminders to not serve as an insult, rather an encouragement. 

Within these reminders are opportunities for me to refuel my passion and pursuit to be the very best I can be, not only for myself, but TO those, and FOR those whom I am "being" sent. You see, we must keep the songs stirring, our brushes dipped in paint, and our pen stroking the paper. The art of leadership in life is never done until we step into the presence of the One who created us - THE artist of life and love. With all of my imperfections considered and inventoried today, I'm so thankful for the opportunity to live, to learn, and to love.

"I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." (Philippians 1:3-6)

I'm so glad He is still working on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment